TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- “The Company” is Dynamic Marquees Limited.
- “The hirer” is the person hiring equipment from the company.
- “The equipment” is the equipment specified or referred to in the hire contract.
- “The hire rate” means the rate charged for each calendar day or part of the day during which the hirer hires the equipment.
- “Hire charges” means the total amount due to the company including charges in respect of delivery, assembly, installation operation, disassembly or collection of the equipment and the deposit.
- “The hire period” means the period set out in the hire contract or any agreed period or agreed extension thereof.
- “Hire Contract” means the contract entered into by the hirer and the company.
- Carpet Disposal
Please note the disposal of the carpet is the client’s responsibility. If you would like us to dispose of the carpet we can at an additional charge of £120.00 plus VAT.
- Payment Terms
Unless otherwise stated, 50% of the hire charges is payable within 7 days of the invoice date and the final balance is to be paid 45 days prior to delivery of the equipment. All sums payable are subject to VAT at 20% unless otherwise stated.
The Company reserves the right to exercise its discretion regarding the upholding of the company’s right to
demand balances for any cancellations.
- Late Payments
Invoices that are paid late will incur a late payment charge of £50 plus 8.5% interest (Statutory interest rate 8% plus 0.5 base rate).
In the event of cancellation the following charges will be invoiced and due for payment on the date of commencement of the originally contracted hire periods.
Note: Cancellation charges are based from the setup date of the marquee.
- Cancellation more than 90 days before the commencement of the period of hire-30% of the total hire charge
- Cancellation between 89 and 31 days before the commencement of the period of hire-50% of the total hire charge
- Cancellation less than 30 days before the commencement of the period of hire-100% of the total hire charge
The hirer is responsible for obtaining adequate insurance in respect of both their event and the equipment which has been provided by the company. The hirer of the marquee will be responsible and liable for any damages caused.
The company offers a damage waiver in respect of the equipment which it provides. The damage waiver is equivalent to 6% of the hire charges. Should the hirer agree to the damage waiver then they will have no liability in respect of any accidental damage caused to the equipment.
- Health & Safety
Fire performers and patio heaters are not suitable to be used inside the marquee as both are potential fire hazards when coming in contact with flammable material (roof, lining, and marquee). The company have advised you of the risks and if you decide to ignore this, you do so at your own risk.
Please make sure for the safety of your guests fire extinguishers are nearby and cords are not running across the marquee which may cause your guests to trip over.
- Site Conditions
The company will not be responsible for damage to underground services buried beneath the surface that they have not been made aware of when erecting the equipment, i.e. pipes, drains and cables. The hire charge includes the erection and removal of the equipment but does not include making good or repairs to the site.
The hirer or representative should be available to check the equipment and to discuss the location of the equipment. If no one is available, we will erect the equipment in a way and location we see as suitable. Where a power point is needed a suitable 240 volts/16-amp power point is needed within 15 meters of the equipment and the hirer is fully responsible for the suitability and reliability of the supply.
The company reserves the right to vary the hire rate in the event of increase in the cost of labour, materials or transport. Special hire rates will be payable to the company for delivery, installation or use of the equipment on sites which do not conform to the requirements of the company.
- Hire Conditions
The hire of the equipment commences from when the equipment arrives on site to when it is removed. Unless stated in writing charges do not include the attendance of employees except when erecting and dismantling. The employees are not obliged to do any more then erect and dismantle the equipment. The hirer will be liable for any additional costs due to extra work or equipment needed due to unforeseen circumstances. This will include delay due to subcontractors or clients who have not removed or installed additional equipment.
- Hirer Responsibilities
The hirer is responsible for signing a completed safety checklist after consultation with a company representative once the marquee has been installed and in signing this checklist agree to abide by any instructions therein. If the hirer is not present to sign the safety checklist two company representatives will do this on their behalf and a copy will be left for the hirer’s reference. The hirer shall not use cooking equipment, lighting or electrical appliances or decorate the interior/exterior of the marquee without prior consent from the company. Any damage/soiling resulting in such use that may require repair or cleaning will be charged to the hirer.
The company accepts no liability in respect of the following situations:
- Delay or non-delivery due to grass sites that have not been cut, or the site being unsuitable or non-accessible.
- Late or non-delivery due to acts of god, war, riots, strikes or industrial disputes.
- Late or non-delivery due to adverse wind or weather conditions.
- Injury to persons or property during the hire period.
- Problems due to not obtaining appropriate permission from the public or local authorities.
- Late or non-delivery due to any cause out with the company’s control. The hirer shall not be entitled to withhold any amount of payment under the contract due to claims or disputes due to defective service or any alleged breach of contract.
- Force Majeure
Whilst every effort is made by the company to complete any orders accepted, the company cannot be held liable for variation or non-completion of orders due to Acts of God, War, Strikes, Riots, Lockouts, Fire, Flood, Storm, Gale, Tempest or any other disturbances.
The parties agree that the contract formed is to be subject to the laws of England and Wales.